Who does not like some aggression?
Aggressive actions in poker (betting and raising) are better than passive actions (checking and calling). That’s not to say that there aren’t plenty of specific situations where checking or calling is better than betting or raising. But if you had to limit your game to only aggressive actions or passive actions, you would lose a lot less money by always betting and raising.
There is a very basic fundamental reason for this. Aggressive action gives you two ways to win the pot, having the best hand or your opponent folding. Winning a hand with passive action requires having the best hand at showdown.
Simple concepts like this are the building blocks to a strong poker game. Sure it’s very simple, but how come there are so many players who almost always prefer to just call to see what the next card is, instead of raising as a semi-bluff?
Also be as fit as possible if you want to make a career in online poker. There are very few fat successful players, but if you look at the top players you will notice they are mostly slim. Take a new gym membership if you need to shed some weight so you can compete with the best.
If you are interested in playing heads up poker (one vs one) online, you should know that there are special customs associated with heads up play. I don’t agree with some of them, but that’s just the way things are. Reading this could prevent a chat box war with another player.
- Have your chat on
- Say “hello, gl” (good luck)
- If a player you do not wish to play sits down and you auto-posted, play the button and the big blind before saying “no ty” and quitting
- Learn the rules for the site you are playing at about how many empty tables you may sit at. Default to sitting at one table per limit.
- Don’t block the tables of other players
- If a player disconnects in the middle of the hand, you can be an upstanding player and use your time bank to let them have a chance to reconnect. I would do this by default, but once the favor is not given/returned I’d just steal the pot. Ultimately, there is a personal responsibility for connection quality.
- The rule of thumb is that if you are losing you can leave whenever you like. If you are winning, the polite thing to do is to give 15+ minute warning before you have to leave. Quitting immediately after winning a large pot is seen as poor form.
- Say “gg” (good game) at the end of matches
Now it is time to have fun! If you are unsure where to play gambling games online, head nowhere other than Casumo Casino.
They have a huge welcome bonus and other juicy bonuses, as well as hundreds of games you can pick from. So be aggressive and get to play over there!